Huron Consulting Group Accounts Payable Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
The Accounts Payable Analyst reports to the Disbursements Associate, with additional oversight and reporting to the Disbursements Manager. They will be responsible for recording approved invoices and payment requests within Huron’s financial system, ensuring all invoices meet the company’s compliance requirements before payment. This role will assist in the review of corporate credit cards, and the weekly processing of vendor payments by ACH, check and wire transfer. This role will periodically monitor the Accounts Payable mailbox, providing assistance to employees, vendors, clients and key Corporate personnel. The position will also be responsible for reviewing expense reports within Huron’s Expense Audit system, ensuring that expenses are in compliance with Company policy, client restrictions and IRS guidelines. The Accounts Payable Analyst will also support the team in completing additional client and internal ad-hoc requests.
• Review vendor invoices for completeness and accuracy, ensuring the required backup and approvals are included
• Record vendor payment requests, with accurate coding of costs to client and internal projects.
• Review company-paid credit card accounts to ensure all charges are supported and compliant
• Review and approve flagged expense reports prior to reimbursement
• Prepare weekly electronic ACH and check payment files for review and processing
• Monitor departmental email accounts to assist employees, vendors and clients.
• Process domestic and international wire payments as needed
• Assist general ledger staff with monitoring AP invoices for month end accruals
• Research open accounts payable issues
• Audit employee expense reports to ensure all items have the required supporting documentation and are compliant with Company policy
• Assist in collection of receipts or specialized reporting as needed for client or internal requests
• Additional responsibilities as required
• Associate’s Degree required, fields of Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
• At least 2 years of professional work experience preferred, with an emphasis on Accounts Payable or Expense Auditing preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
• Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently and solve problems
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Experience using Elite and Chrome River software a plus
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
The Company is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity in recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, education and all other terms of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, Vietnam era of veteran status, physical or mental disability, creed, citizen status or any other status protected by federal, state of local law. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Job ID: 4187
Category: Corporate - Finance/Accounting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary