Huron Consulting Group Content Strategist, Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
The Content Strategist is responsible for supporting business strategy, applying content expertise to create an audience-centric content plan that advances business objectives. The content strategist ensures that content best practices are applied to integrated marketing program planning so that the full buyer’s journey and reputation, demand and sales enablement programs have been included and rationalized against activation plans. Building strong cross-functional relationships across marketing and the business is critical to the success of this role; the content strategist works with these functions to define content strategy goals and approach, identify and ideate on compelling storylines, and align these elements to the overall external communications strategy, program plans and activation strategy to create a comprehensive and measurable content plan.
• Translates business goals, marketing and campaign plans into content strategy
• Works across functions and levels – from individual contributors to key executives – to ensure comprehensive feedback to strategic content planning
• Evangelizes and educates relevant teams on audience-centric content strategy best practices as well as the corporate brand and content governance
• Understands and applies audience insights, personas, messaging and competitive information to shape content strategies
• Identifies and recommends opportunities for content reuse
• Performs strategic mapping of content to audience journeys and ongoing journey gap analysis of the content inventory and its ability to support content strategy and campaign requirements
• Understands and leverages industry trends, the corporate brand and solution value propositions to ensure content quality and relevance
• Ensures programmatic content is represented in the organization’s master content calendar
• Contributes to search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) initiatives with an understanding of how to integrate keyword strategy into overall content planning for programs and campaigns
• Provides operational support for content strategy and creation, engaging cross-functional participants and managing the content calendar, workflow and deadlines
• Writes and edits a mix of assets (including thought leadership articles, infographics, e-books and email copy) in support of the content plan and in the context of messaging, brand and editorial guidelines
• Supports related sales enablement content needs
To succeed, this individual must network effectively across the organization to build alignment and deliver the right combination of program content. The team member must work as an effective, customer-focused collaborator.
The position will report to the Manager, OneHuron Global Programs.
• Ability to translate general market themes and direction into focused topics with a point of view
• Ability to handle complex review process and incorporate marketing and subject matter expert feedback
• Strong curiosity regarding practice area and offerings and related topics
• Ability to conduct market trend research and translate into content opportunities
• Established interview skills
• Solid understanding of marketing disciplines and functions
• Strong understanding of professional services marketing
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
• Understanding of key digital and business metrics
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing or Communications strongly preferred
• 4 years of relevant experience in writing industry-related marketing content
• Excellent writing and editing skills including strong attention to detail
• Firm understanding of SEO keywords and concepts behind branded writing
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Resourcefulness and strong research skills
• Willingness and ability to take direction and incorporate feedback from marketers and subject matter experts
• Strong phone presence for conference calls and interviews
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Job ID: 4906
Category: Corporate - Marketing
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Requisition ID: 4906