Huron Consulting Group External Reporting Associate, Chicago in Chicago, Illinois
Some equations prove quite simple: Join a high-growth company and you will enjoy abundant opportunities to shape the industry in unique, concrete ways. Huron’s corporate team members collaborate with the business to extend their wealth of knowledge and expertise across a vast arena: Human Resources, Marketing, Finance, Technology, Legal, and Facilities. From strategy to execution they partner with the business to solve today’s business challenges and plan for our future. It’s a vital evolutionary circle…one that explains why we profoundly value our corporate team—and why we seek out only the most committed individuals.
If you’re aiming to maximize your potential, Huron will put a roadmap in your capable hands and say, simply, drive. You already possess the passion and expertise to achieve greatness. Now let us help get you there.
Real-world visibility. Top-notch opportunities. First-rate recognition.
This is an ideal position for a highly motivated individual with a desire to develop strong analytical and technical skills. This will be a very visible position within the organization with regular contact with other departments and senior management.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings
• Responsible for the preparation of footnotes and other disclosures within the quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and annual reports on Form 10-K
• Validate and ensure accuracy of financial data provided by other departments
• Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP and are in compliance with the rules and regulations of the SEC
• Address and resolve comments provided by independent auditors and senior management
• Maintain XBRL reporting
• Collaborate with Marketing, Legal, Human Resources, and other departments to draft other SEC filings and reports including the quarterly earnings release and accompanying financial schedules, current reports on Form 8-K, and the Proxy Statement
Responsible for the monthly preparation of the statement of cash flows, stock-based compensation expense, earnings per share calculation, equity rollforward, intangible asset amortization entries and other schedules
Perform accounting and regulatory research
• Research and analyze new accounting pronouncements and SEC reporting matters
• Collaborate with employees from other departments and the company’s independent auditors to ensure proper accounting for unusual or complicated transactions, implement new accounting pronouncements, and to draft related accounting policy memos documenting basis and conclusion
• Keep current with accounting and regulatory developments within the FASB, SEC and other accounting and regulatory bodies
- Assist in ad hoc accounting projects including those relating to stock-based compensation, goodwill impairment analysis, and acquisitions
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting required
• CPA preferred
• 1-3 years of total experience required – public accounting at a Big 4/national firm or industry experience at a public company
• Experience in SEC reporting that includes involvement with the SEC reporting process, including the preparation of the Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and earnings release schedules is preferred
• Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting regulations; a concentration in accounting for stock-based compensation and goodwill and intangibles; and experience with technical research and compilation of accounting white papers is preferred
• Candidate must be well organized, proactive, highly dependable, able to meet tight deadlines, detail oriented, and able to work independently
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and written, including the ability to interact effectively with other departments and independent auditors
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Job ID: 4747
Category: Corporate - Finance/Accounting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Job Type: Full-time Salary
Requisition ID: 4747